⚡Click here for Ongoing College Scholarships 2024-2025⚡
The CHED CoScho Scholarship program for the year 2023-2024 is open to apply for all eligible Filipino college students. CHED has recently announced the launch of the CoScho Scholarship program
Table of Contents
- About CHED CoScho Scholarship 2023
- Scholarship Benefits
- Priority Courses for CHED CoScho Scholarship
- Qualifications for Scholarship
- Documentary Requirements
- CoScho Scholarship Deadline
- How to apply for CHED CoScho Scholarship
About CHED CoScho Scholarship 2023
The CHED CoScho scholarship program for the AY 2023-2024 is a scholarship program for the benefit of Coconut farmers and their families in the Philippines. The Commission of Higher Education aims to uplift and empower the coconut farming communities by providing scholarships.
The CHED CoScho Scholarship provides benefits of ₱195,000 for the scholars.
Following is the list of benefits a CHED CoScho scholar will receive:
|Total cost per semester
|Total cost per AY
|b. Books allowance
|a. Thesis and / or OJT allowance
|b. Local conference/fora
|c. Laptop assistance
Students who qualify for CHED scholarship will receive a total of ₱195,000 as scholarship benefits.
NOTE: Please note the following:
- Stipend includes Food, educational tours, transportation, projects, medical insurance, internet use and communication expenses.
- Books allowance includes learning materials expenses.
- One-time attendance in local conference/fora should be related to the undergraduate program and to be given during the junior or senior standing. The activity should not be on the same HEI where the beneficiary is enrolled.
- One-time financial assistance for the purchase of a laptop – to be given during the first year of scholarship grant.
Priority Courses for CHED CoScho Scholarship
The list of Priority Courses of CHED CoScho Scholarship Program 2023 is as follows:
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture – preferably specializing in the fields of:
- Plant Physiology and Agronomy,
- Plant Pathology,
- Plant Breeding,
- Soil Science,
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness / Agribusiness Management
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Extension Education
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Development Management
- Bachelor of Science in Development Communication
- Bachelor of Science in Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science
- Bachelor of science in Fisheries
- Bachelor of Science in Food Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Forestry
- Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering/Manufacturing Technology Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science
- Bachelor of Science in Physics
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Public Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Rural Development
- Bachelor of Science in Social Work
- Bachelor of Science in Statistics
- Bachelor of Science in Tourism
Ongoing Scholarships: College Scholarships
Qualifications for Scholarship
The list of qualifications required by students, to be eligible to apply for scholarship are:
- The applicant must be a Filipino Citizen;
- Must be graduating high school student / high school graduate with general weighted average grade (GWA) of 85% or its equivalent or college student with earned academic units relevant to the degree programs identified by PCA with a GWA of 85% the previous semester or its equivalent.
- Should pass the entry level requirements of identified State University and Colleges (SUCs);
- Must not be a recipient of any government-funded financial assistance program;
- For qualified applicants with privately funded scholarship grant covering only tuition fees, he/she must pass the entry level requirement of the private higher education institution (HEI);
- Duly registered coconut farmer in the NCFRS or his/her dependent; and
- Must have a combined annual gross income of parents not exceeding P300,000.00.
Following is the list of documents required to apply for scholarship:
- Birth Certificate issued by the Local Civil Registry or Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)
- For senior high school students – duly certified copy of the grades for Grade 11 and first semester for Grade 12;
- For senior high school graduates – form 138; and
- For applicants with earned units or currently enrolled in college – duly Certified Copy of Grades for the latest semester/term attended.
- PCA Certification. Only one family member shall be allowed to apply for the scholarship;
- Certificate of Good Moral Character from the last school attended;
- Proof of income – any of the following:
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of applicant and/spouse/parents/guardians if imployed;
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR);
- Certificate of No Income from BIR;
- Certificate of Indigency from their Barangay; or
- Certificate/Case Study from Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)
- Notice of admission from the HEI with collegiate degree offerings;
- Proof that the student applicant belonged to special group/s (if applicable); and
- Original Barangay Certification that parents/guardians and siblings had never attended college/university (if applicable).
Ongoing Scholarships: Dowell Scholarship 2023
CoScho Scholarship Deadline
- This CHED CoScho Scholarship is Ongoing and is open to apply now.
- The deadline date to apply for CHED CoScho Scholarship 2023 is October 15, 2023.
How to apply for CHED CoScho Scholarship
All interested and eligible Filipino students can apply for the CHED CoScho Scholarship Program 2023 by visiting the regional application portals.
Following are the links to all Regional Application Portals:
For more information regarding the scholarship, contact the CHED Regional Offices.
Note: Our articles are solely for informational purposes. We are not affiliated to the entities featured. The source/s are provided at the bottom of each article so that you can double-check the authenticity of the articles.