Hello Everyone, welcome to ScholarshipsPH.com. In this post, I’ll explain about CHED Scholarship Program as well as the benefits, eligibility requirements, and application process.
A scholarship is available from CHED for incoming or present college students. Learn out how to apply for this scholarship.
The goal is to provide financial assistance to incoming first-year college students who are planning to enroll in authorized public or private colleges or universities, or Higher Education Institutions (HEI).
This is an annual competitive student financial aid program (StuFAP) that provides financial support to students based on their previous school year’s grades. All students are eligible for the Full Merit and Half Merit grants.
Apply For – DOST Scholarship 2023
The Advantages of a CHED Scholar
You don’t have to worry about paying your tuition, miscellaneous fees, or other school fees if you’re a CHED scholar. Every semester, CHED scholarship get a monthly allowance or stipend, which is given either directly to the scholars or through the school/Higher Education Institution.
The following is a breakdown of financial assistance:
For CHED scholars who prefer to enroll in a state or public university, they get FREE tuition while receiving P40,000 per semester for stipend and book allowance.
Every semester, full scholars of CHED who are enrolled in a private university get P20,000 for their tuition and other school fees, P35,000 allowance, and P5,000 for books.
Here’s the breakdown of the benefits of CHED scholars who are enrolled in a private university.
CHED Scholarship Program
Under the State Scholarship or Private Education Student Financial Assistance program, an eligible student may be given a Full Scholarship (FS) or Half Scholarship (HS) (PESFA).
Full Merit (FS)
Intended for high-school graduates whose general weighted average (GWA) is at least 96% or its equivalent.
Half Merit (HS)
Intended for high-school graduates whose general weighted average (GWA) is at least 93% – 95% or its equivalent.
What are the Qualifications For CHED Scholarship Program
Applicants must comply with the following criteria to qualify for the scholarship grant:
- Filipino citizens of good moral character.
- Must not be more than 30-years of age at the time of application except for senior citizens.
- Must be a candidate for graduation or graduated high school.
- Combined annual gross income must not exceed Php 400,000.
- Must not be a recipient of any government scholarship and financial assistance.
The scholarship is open to all qualified and deserving students, preferably those belonging to a special group of persons such as the following:
- Underprivileged and homeless
- Persons with Disabilities (PWDs)
- Solo parents and their dependents
- Members of a cultural minority
- Members of the hill tribe
- Senior citizens
What are the Priority courses
CHED Scholarship identified priority courses for the Academic Year (AY) 2021-2022 are as follows:
Documentary requirements for CHED Scholarship
Submit the following documents for evaluation purposes.
- Birth certificate (PSA or NSO) as proof that you are a Filipino citizen.
- A high-school report card or certified true copy of grades for Grade 11 and 1st semester of Grade 12 for graduating high-school students
- Any of the following:
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardian
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from BIR
- Certificate of Indigence either from their Barangay or Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)
- Case study report from DSWD
- The latest copy of the contract or proof of income may be considered for children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) and seafarers
- Certificate of good moral character
- Proof of the following (if applicable):
- Parents are senior citizens
- Belonging to an indigenous group
- Solo parents or their dependents
- A person with a disability (PWD)
- Underprivileged and homeless
CHED scholars are required to study full-time and must be regular students in a recognized private or public university in the Philippines.
Students with full merit scholarships have to maintain a grade of at least 85% while half merit scholars are required to maintain a grade of at least 80%.
Warning! Failure to maintain the required GWA is a ground for termination of the scholarship. However, you can ask for reconsideration within 15 days from the notice of your GWA.
If you intend to transfer to another school or shift to another course, you need to secure approval first from the Regional Office.
CHED Scholarship 2021 results
The result of the CHED Scholarship Program for the Academic Year 2021–2022 was determined through the ranking system and the availability of slots. The list of qualifiers was announced by sending individual emails to each of the qualifiers.
- Security Bank Foundation Scholarship
- Aboitiz College Scholarship
- OWWA Scholarship
- Gold Eagle Scholarship Program
- Scholarship in the Philippines
NEW UPDATES: CHED suspended the application for their merit scholarship programs for the academic year 2022–2023. (Source)
People also ask
CHED suspended the application for their merit scholarship programs for the academic year 2022 to 2023.
1. A certified true copy of the Birth Certificate.
2. Duly certified true copy of High school report card for incoming freshmen students eligible for college (High School Graduate); and
3. Duly certified true copy of grades for Grade 11 and 1st semester of Grade 12 for graduating high school students.
A private institution that receives full CHED scholarship pays P20,000 in tuition and other school fees, P35,000 in allowance, and P5,000 for books per semester.