The Science Education Institute launched the Scholarship programs for the immediate family members of families afflicted or driven from their villages as a result of the siege as the DOST’s service institute for S&T human resource development.
In addition to scholarship benefits, the Bangon Marawi Program gave the scholars access to a learning resource Centre and training possibilities.
Objectives of DOST SEI Bangon Marawi Scholarship
- Scholarships will be used to help people in Marawi and other affected areas rebuild their human resource capabilities.
- Scholarships will be given to qualified students enrolled in STEM courses at MSU-Main Campus, MSU-IIT, and MSU-LNCAT.
- To instill love of country in program beneficiaries by rebuilding and strengthening their commitment to the Philippine government.
Benefits of DOST Bangon Marawi Scholarship
Following are the benefits of DOST Bangon Marawi Scholarship
- A Stipend of ₱7,000/month
- Learning Materials and/or Connectivity Allowance of ₱10,000/AY
- A Premium Group Accident Insurance
- Thesis Allowance of ₱10,000.00
Following are the qualifications of Bangon Marawi Scholarship
- He or She must be a Natural Born Filipino Citizen
- He or She must be an immediate member of the family affected by the armed conflict or were displaced from their community in Marawi, to be certified by the local government office;
- He or She must have a general weighted average (GWA) of 2.75 in all academic subjects; or 2.75 weighted mean average in all mathematics, science and engineering subjects taken in the course enrolled in the first year in college;
- He or She must have enrolled as a regular second year college student in a DOST S&T priority program in the First Semester AY 2022-2023 at MSU-Main Campus, MSU-IIT or MSU-LNCAT;
- He or She must not a recipient of any other national government, university, or private scholarship; and
- He or She must be of good moral character and of good health
Document Requirements for Bangon Marawi Scholarship
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Certificate of Good Health
- Certificate of Program of Study and Year Level
- Certificate of Residency
- Commitment to Return Service
- Applicant’s Certification Re- Not a DOST Scholar prior to this application
- Applicant/Parent Declaration
- Official Transcript of Records (TOR) or True Copy of Grades (TCG) or Grade Report downloaded from the portal for First Year in college, including in the midyear term, if enrolled.
- Recent picture, passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)
- Birth Certificate
- Parent/s or Legal Guardian’s 2021 Income Tax Return / BIR Form 1701 / Employment Contract for OFW / BIR Certificate of Exemption from Filing of ITR / Certificate of Indigency / Certificate of Employment with Compensation / Proof of Pension
- Notarized Affidavit of Guardianship
How to Apply for Scholarship
Steps included in applying for DOST Bangon Marawi Scholarship are
- Register using a valid e-mail address ( Application link given below). An email will be sent to you for verification.
- Answer the questions in the Eligibility Module that can be accessed to the link provided in the email sent to you.
- If you are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply for the Bangon Program, you will receive a Notice of Disqualification in your email.
- If you are ELIGIBLE to apply for the scholarship, you can proceed to the next modules:
- Personal Data
- Contact Information
- Family Data
- Financial Contribution
- Household Information Questionnaire
- School and Grades
- Make sure that you have accomplished all the modules completely with true information and correct spellings and uploaded all the required documents before you press the SUBMIT button. You can no longer make any change in the information you provided in your application once submitted.
DOST Bangon Marawi Scholarship Application
You can apply for DOST Bangon Marawi Scholarship online from here ↓
DOST Bangon Marawi Scholarship Deadline
- Start of Online Application Period – 28 September 2022
- Deadline of Online Application and Uploading of Requirement – 22 October 2022
- Schedule of Qualifying Examination – 17 November 2023