OEC means Overseas Employment Certificate and it is an important document for Filipinos carrying our jobs abroad or returning to Philippines. In this article, we will know about OEC Australia Application Requirements and Application Process
What is OEC Certificate ( Balik Manggagawa ) in Australia ?
The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration’s (POEA) rules and regulations require the Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) to ensure the protection and proper documentation of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs). The OEC, also known as a “exit permit,” must be submitted at international airports in the Philippines as a proof that the bearer is a lawful OFW. OEC is required for any OFW who visits the Philippines and then returns to work elsewhere.
The Balik Manggagawa employee who obtained OEC will be exempt from airport terminal fees and travel taxes at any Philippine airport.
Validity of OEC (Overseas Employment Certificate)
The Overseas Employment Certificate, OEC is valid for 60 days (Sixty days)
Qualifications to Apply for OEC Australia
OFWs with the following qualifications are eligible for an OEC at POLO Canberra:
- OFWs returning to Australia after a leave or vacation to work for the same employer.
- OFWs who are returning to/joining the same employer after being transferred to another job site.
- Tourists, Businessmen, OFW Dependents, Students, and other undocumented OFWs who worked for their employers part-time.
How much does it cost for OEC Australia Application
There are two types of fees that is applicable to apply for OEC Australia
- $5 for OEC processing fee
- $18 for verification of employment contract (if applicable)
- Money order in the name of the Philippine Embassy in Australia
- Please do not send a single $23 money order. These are two separate government accounts that are not transferable.
What are OEC Australia requirements at POLO Canberra
OFWs returning to the Philippines for vacation (whether part of the contract required or due to an emergency) and resuming employment with the same company are eligible for certain benefits, including a waiver of the travel tax and the airport terminal fee in Manila.
To qualify for those benefits, you must complete and submit the following requirements for obtaining an OEC at POLO Canberra, Australia.
- A Copy of your Passport
- A Copy of your working visa
- The Employment Contract
- Accomplished OFW Information Sheet
- A Self-addressed envelope, preferably Express Post
Note: The applicant will receive the following document in the mail:
- Four (4) copies of Overseas Employment Certificate, OEC
- Verified Contract (if applicable)
- Official Receipt of the OEC
- Official Receipt of the verification of contract (if applicable)
How to Apply for Australia OEC at POLO – Canberra
You can apply for OEC, Overseas Employment Certificate in Australia in two ways, online and offline.
You can schedule an appointment for OEC at POLO Canberra online or offline
Scheduling OEC Australia appointment online
Online processing can make the OEC application process easier. The POEA Online Processing System for Balik Manggagawa can be used to obtain an OEC (POPS-BaM).
If you have a previous record in the POEA database, the system will determine whether you are eligible for an OEC. But first, you must create an account in order to determine whether you are eligible for an OEC or an OEC Exemption.
You can schedule OEC Australia appointment online by following the steps below
- Open Browser and go to Department of Migrant Workers Online Services Portal, https://onlineservices.dmw.gov.ph/OnlineServices/POEAOnline.aspx
- Come of e-Registration section and click on “Let’s Go!”
- Fill and Submit the required information like First Name, Last Name etc… and Click on Register
- A message will display indicating that your registration was “Successful”
- Once the registration is successful, open your inbox of your registered email, you should have received an email with the temporary password for your account
- Go to Department of Migrant Workers Online Services Portal again and login using your email and temporary password
- Now change the password for your account and go to “My profile” and update your profile details
- After updating the profile details, add your Profile Picture, Passport, Identification and Beneficiary.
If you are eligible for OEC, follow the following steps to schedule an appointment at POLO – Canberra.
- Visit the Department of Migrant Workers Online Services Portal and login to your your POPS-BaM account
- Tap on “Balik-Manggagawa,” located at your top right-hand side.
- Enter your flight details and click “Enter”
- You will be asked if you are returning BM to the same employer. If yes, you can print your OEC, if no, proceed to next step.
- Complete your contract details with true and correct information to the best of your knowledge
- Click on “Submit” and select POLO
- Choose an available schedule for Appointment and proceed to print your appointment.
Scheduling OEC Australia appointment Offline
If you would like to schedule an appointment for OEC Australia offline, you can do so by sending the required documents to the Philippine Embassy, address given below :
Atty. Rodolfo M. Sabulao
Labor Attache II
Philippine Embassy, 1 Moonah Place, Yarralumla, A.C.T. 2600, Australia
After you post the required documents to the above address, please wait for up to seven (7) working days from the day you sent them the post for a reply.
Check OEC Exemption eligibility in Australia
To check if you are eligible for OEC Exemption in Australia, follow these steps
- Login to your POPS-BaM account at Department of Migrant Workers Online Services Portal
- Enter your most recent OEC number to check the records
- If your record is found, make necessary updates like Beneficiaries and Contract Particulars as needed along with your Personal Data if any.
- Click on Acquire OEC or Exemption to evaluate your exemption online. Put the date of your trip in and make sure you’re going back to the same employer and job site.
- The system will display a confirmation message noting that you are no longer necessary to secure the OEC or pay the processing fee if you return to the same employment and workplace. Otherwise, the Appointment Page will be displayed. For the application of your OEC, select the POEA office of your choice.
Requirements to avail OEC reduced travel tax for OFW dependents
Following documents are required to avail OEC reduced travel tax for OFW dependents
- Plane ticket
- OEC certified true copy
- Passport for dependents
- Original marriage contract (for legitimate spouse)
- Original birth certificate (for legitimate children)
POLO – Canberra Office Contact details
Philippine Overseas Labor Office – Canberra, Australia
Address: Philippine Embassy, 1 Moonah Place, Yarralumla, ACT 2600, Australia
- Telephone: (61 2) 6273 8882
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Website : https://www.philembassy.org.au/
- Facebook : Philippine Embassy in Australia
Google Maps Location