Hello Everyone, welcome to ScholarshipsPH.com. In this post, I’ll explain about CHED-SIKAP Scholarship Program, as well as the benefits, eligibility requirements, and application process.
SIKAP stands for Scholarships for Instructors Knowledge Advancement Program, and it is intended for teaching and non-teaching personnel from Higher Education Institutions (HEIs), as well as former HEI teaching and non-teaching personnel, who wish to further their studies in identified universities and colleges in the Philippines.
Is CHED-SIKAP Scholarship available to me?
You must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the CHED-SIKAP Scholarship:
- You must be a Filipino citizen.
- Must be working as a teacher at a higher education institution or have been employed as a teacher in the previous twelve months while applying for the scholarship.
- Should not hold any management or administrative position.
- A full-time work in a government agency or a private enterprise that is not HEI is not permitted.
Note: Before applying, please read this article to know more about the requirements, Benefits and the application process.
For Full-Time scholar:
- You must commit to full-time study in order to complete the program.
- If you work, you must be released from administrative or teaching responsibilities for the duration of the scholarship, with proof/commitment from your employer to allow you to study full-time.
For Part-time scholar:
- A minimum of twenty hours of work each week, or twelve teaching load units, is necessary.
If you are accepted into an approved graduate program, you must:
- The curriculum must be completed in a vertically aligned manner with your teaching discipline.
- You should not have a degree for the degree being pursued.
- If you will be unable to pursue the degree that is being articulated to your discipline, you will still be eligible if you introduce compelling reasons.
Also Read: Scholarships in the Philippines
- You must be of sufficient age to be able to provide meaningful return service once you have earned your graduate degree which is guided by the following rules:
- Only on a case-by-case basis would Commission Banc exempt you.
- To be considered for a Doctorate degree, you must be at least 50 years old at the time of application.
- To be considered for a Master’s degree, you must be at least 52 years old at the time of application.
- You should not be related to a CHED employee at the CHED RO (Regional Office) where the application procedure is taking place up to the fourth degree of affinity or consanguinity.
- You must not be on any other government-funded scholarship when applying for this scholarship.
- Exceptions will only be considered if the Commission Banc makes an offer.
- You must be dedicated to completing your degree program requirements within the time frame allotted.
THE HEI MODEL OF IMPLEMENTATION
- Grantee might pursue a graduate program that CHED-partner HEI provides.
- Incentives such as living allowance will be released on an individual basis.
- Tuition, along with other fees, is done through the billing process.
- Grantee might pursue graduate program that is provided by an eligible HEI (referring to the CMO 12 series 2018-2019)
- Tuition, along with other fees, will be released to individual grantees using a reimbursement basis.
How will I get selected?
- The Commission will release a notification for applications.
- You must use the implementation model to submit your documents to CHED RO or DHEI as an applicant (Delivering HEI).
- The Commission will review and approve a final list of all successful applications.
- You’ll need to communicate your acceptance after you’ve accomplished.
What are the Documents criteria that I’ll have to submit?
- An application form
- A Re-entry action plan.
- A government-issued identification.
- Eligibility statement and undertaking.
- A recommendation form.
- Passport or Birth Certificate.
- Proof of Admission to Eligible HEI or DHEI.
- A Release form
- Your CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- A record of a transcript.
- Employment Certificate.
What financial services and benefits will I receive?
|Financial Privileges and Incentives||Full-time study|
|Monthly living allowance||PHP 25, 000/ |
PHP 30, 000
|PHP 12, 500/ |
PHP 16, 500
|Tuition and other fees||Cost of tuition and other fees||Cost of tuition and other fees|
|Book allowance||Per academic year: PHP 12, 000||Per academic year: PHP 6, 000|
|Dissertation/capstone/thesis project allowance||PHP 50, 000/ |
PHP 100, 000
|PHP 50, 000/ |
PHP 100, 000
|Transportation allowance||Per academic year: |
PHP 12, 000
|Per academic year: PHP 6, 000|
How can i Apply for CHED-SIKAP Scholarship?
Step 1: Make sure you meet the eligibility requirements.
Step 2: Go to https://bit.ly/sikapapplicationnumber to get your Application Number.
Step 3: Go to https://ched.gov.ph/sikap/ and download and complete the Documentary Requirements.
Step 4: Complete the scholarship package and submit it:
Please submit the DHEI Model to your Delivering Higher Education Institution.
Individual Models should be submitted to the CHED RO (where applicant will be receiving instruction)
Other Ongoing Scholarships:
- Aboitiz College Scholarship 2022
- CHED Scholarship 2022
- DOST JLSS Scholarship 2022
- Security Bank Foundation Scholarship 2022
- CHED Medical Scholarship and Return Service (MSRS) Program | Apply NOW
Do you have any questions?
Please visit their official website for additional information on the CHED-SIKAP Scholarship Program application requirements and process.
People Also Ask:
Yes, it is open
Click Here to know Eligibility, Benefits and Application Process