⚡Click here for Ongoing College Scholarships 2023-2024⚡
OFW e-card is given by OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare and Administration) to the Overseas Filipino Workers. OFW ecard is like an OWWA ID. This OFW ecard helps in better implementation of services for the OFWs and their dependents.
The OFW e-Card is the recognized identification card for current, authorized, and documented OFWs. Its objective is to increase accessibility to OWWA’s Welfare Services, Scholarships, Training Programs, and Social Benefits.
Table of Contents
- Qualifications to Apply for OFW e-card
- What is Balik-Manggagawa
- Benefits of having an OWWA ID OFW e-card
- How to Apply for OWWA ID OFW e-card Online
- OWWA ID OFW ecard application form
- OWWA OFW e-card tracking
OWWA offers a variety of services for Overseas Filipino Workers like Scholarships, training, welfare schemes and many social benefits. To avail these services, one needs an OFW ecard. Now let us know about the OFW ID ecard requirements and Application process.
Qualifications to Apply for OFW e-card
The OFW eCard is available to any returning employees or “Balik-Manggagawa” who have
- an active OWWA membership,
- a valid Overseas Employment Certificate/Exemption Number,
- a valid Passport.
Keep in mind that in order to receive your OFW eCard, your OWWA membership must remain active for at least ninety (90) days after the date of your application.
What is Balik-Manggagawa
The POEA Rules and Regulations define a Balik-Manggagawa as an OFW who was able to finish or is currently completing an employment contract and:
- Will be hired by the same company in numerous locations,
- and Will work for the same company at the same place.
The term “Balik-Manggagawa” does not include new hires, direct hires, or employees hired through the Government Placement Branch (GBP).
Benefits of having an OWWA ID OFW e-card
For active OWWA members, the OFW e-Card offers various benefits which are as follows:
- OFW ecard is an government-issued identification, so it can be used to prove your identity.
- OWWA ID OFW ecard can be accessed using OWWA Mobile App and it offers the same benefits like a physical OWWA ID OFW card.
- There is quicker access to OWWA services and programs
- When leaving the Philippines for a foreign nation, OFWs can now utilize their e-Card as an exit clearance instead of their paper OEC.
- Your OWWA OFW ecard will be accepted as valid identification by DFA when you renew your passport.
How to Apply for OWWA ID OFW e-card Online
You can apply for OWWA OFW e-card ID online in the following steps:
- Go to official OWWA website from here https://ecard.owwa.gov.ph/ and enter the required details like your Name, Date of Birth, Phone Number, Valid POEA OEC number and Passport number.
- Choose the OWWA Regional Office where you’d want to pick up your OFW eCard. You can pick up your e-Card at the POEA Head Office, POEA Regional Office in Cebu City, OWWA Head Office, Singapore, and the United Arab Emirates (Abu Dhabi and Dubai).
- Check the Data Privacy Act, then fill out the relevant CAPTCHA.
- Click on ‘Submit’ after you have filled all the necessary information.
- Once your application is submitted, you will receive a Tracing Number to check your application status.
- Enter or update your email address or Facebook profile to keep receiving notifications regarding the status of your application
- After receiving the OWWA ID OFW e-card approval notification, you can collect your OFW ecard at your preferred OWWA Regional Office.
Also read: How to Apply for OEC Australia
OWWA ID OFW ecard application form
Following is an image of how the OWWA OFW e-card application form looks
OWWA OFW e-card tracking
- You can track the status of your OWWA ID OFW e-card application at https://ecardtracker.owwa.gov.ph/
- Enter your tracking number or passport number and date of birth.
- Click on the checkbox (I’m not a robot) then click the ‘Submit’ button.
- Now you can see your Name and Delivery status
All overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) should possess the OWWA OFW e-card, which is an important document. It is a government-issued card that can be used whenever aid or services are needed at any Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO), as well as any Philippine Embassy or Consulate abroad. The card serves as identification for OWWA membership and grants access to all of the group’s programs and services.